The University College of Economics and Culture
The name of our university combines two spheres – social (economics) and humanitarian (culture) that previously seemed completely opposite. However, these spheres are interrelated and form basis society’s development.
The UCEC’s logo – stylized Moebius band – you can go from one surface point to any other without crossing the borders. Moebius band sometimes is called progenitor of infinity symbol.
The form of Moebius band reproduces movement indicating the dynamism of the university. The UCEC is always developing, responding quickly to new tendencies in education, science, labour market demand, and student interests.
The UCEC’s logo is performed in blue (symbolizing self-discipline, stability, and insistency) and green (symbolizing creative energy, success). Curved contours of the band reflect tolerance for different opinions and openness to society. The same as Moebius band, this symbol shows strict observance of higher education code, standards, and laws.
The UCEC offers modern study environment – real and virtual lecture rooms, modern library where you can find large variety of books and periodicals, audio materials, video materials, electronic data basis, and informative Internet resources in Russian, English, German and other languages.
Some facts and dates:
- The University College of Economics and Culture was founded on July 23, 1998.
- On February 8, 2001, the UCEC received Accreditation Sheet of the University College of Economics and Culture (No. 017). On November 16, 2006, the UCEC was granted permanent accreditation.
- 51% of the UCEC academic staff are lecturers with Doctor Degree.
The UCEC has concluded ERASMUS cooperation agreements with higher educational institutions in France, Italy, Lithuania, Poland, Macedonia, the Netherlands, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, Germany, and Hungary. Every year list of the University College of Economics and Culture partners is expanded with new partners. Every year students and lecturers participate in exchange programmes.
- The UCEC is a member of the Baltic University Programme that unites 160 universities in 14 countries of the Baltic Sea region.
- In 2013, the university hosted the first Fulbright programme scholar. The programme is financed by the US State Department.
There is another important aspect which students avoid to discuss about is university fees. University College of Economics and Culture provides the best quality/price balance for students. When you compare our accredited, high quality university’s fees with other foreign university fees, you will realize the difference.
Students of the University College of Economics and Culture choose dynamic, creative and modern life style – they are the same as their university! Come and join us, your study years will be unforgettable!
For more info : Contact US